With petty crimes on the rise across India, there has been a notable increase in the theft of payment cards and important documents like PAN card in the country. This calls for drastic measures to secure one’s documents, as well as, gathering information on how to re-issue them in case such an incident occurs.
PAN is issued by the Income Tax Department of India in order to record all kinds of financial transactions of a tax-paying individual of our country. PAN is also considered as an essential KYC document which has multiple applications in verification procedures. So, if you have lost your PAN card by any means, there can be several negative repercussions. However, the Income Tax Department of India has established several methods through which you can duplicate PAN card, both online and offline.
How to apply for a duplicate PAN card online?
With the help of the following process, you will be able to learn how to get duplicate PAN card online –
- Visit the official website of National Securities Depository Limited.
- Navigate to the PAN card section and click on ‘Apply Online’.
- Next, you need to click on ‘Application Type’ and select ‘Changes/correction in existing PAN’ or ‘Reprint PAN Card’ from the various options in the drop-down menu.
- Fill up the rest of this online application with necessary information as required.
- A token number will be generated upon completion of the application form fill-up. A copy of this token number will be sent to your registered email address.
- Next, to issue a duplicate PAN card you are required to provide relevant information about your lost or stolen PAN card. Moreover, you also need to submit scanned KYC documents which can be done with the following methods –
- Upload self-attested copies of all your physical KYC documents along with passport-sized photographs and email them to a registered NSDL centre.
- Perform document verification through e-KYC.
- If your PAN is linked with your Aadhaar number, you can verify your documents with the help of an OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- On successful document verification, you need to select whether you require an e-PAN or a physical copy of your PAN card.
- Next, you need to enter the necessary information under the ‘Contact and other details’ and ‘Document details’ options and click on ‘Submit Application’ for your PAN card reissue.
- You will be redirected to a new webpage facilitating online payment of fees for your duplicate PAN card online apply.
- Once the payment is made, an acknowledgement form will be issued comprising a 15-digit number which can be used to track the status of your duplicate PAN card.
Those who require financial assistance for such an online application procedure can opt for a card protection plan. These plans, such as the wallet care policy, are offered by leading insurance aggregators such as Bajaj Finserv under their Pocket Insurance & Subscriptions section.
Such an insurance policy offers substantial financial security in the event of lost or stolen PAN cards, and for the re-issuance of a duplicate PAN card. Moreover, it is highly likely that other cards such as debit cards, credit cards, etc. were stolen along with your PAN card due to theft. For such a scenario, purchasing fraudulent charges beforehand, helps to cover all illegal transactions made through your stolen cards.
You can also avail a purse care insurance policy for further coverage on all your personal belongings. Such insurance policies, along with the above-mentioned PAN card replacement methods, help you to carry your essential identity cards during your travels without any worries.